My online friend, Bonnie Kaplan has commenced a photofriday. I met Bonnie through Kevin’s regular day in a sentence“. As I missed the inaugural Friday, I am determined to share a photo today.
My day in a sentence for this week is:-
It was announced at morning briefing that our principal was leaving for USA, but I reported that I would be there before her, taking my kids with me, as we were using skype to participate in an amazing videoconference for a “show and tell finale” with the New England students we had connected with through blogging.
My photo follows the same theme and shows one of my students holding up a jar of vegemite to show the students of Collaboration Nation, in New England, USA. We are in Australia, but with the help of skype, a web cam, a desktop microphone and an interactive whiteboard, we were able to videoconference with each other. They chanted Hannah along until she tasted the vegemite in front of the camera.
G'day! I am a secondary teacher in a small rural prep to year 12 school in Australia. I teach Information Technology and Accounting and am passionate about learning, immersing technology in the classroom, rural education and global education.
Proud to be…
- 21st century education Asian Connections Australia series awards blogging conference presentations conferences cybersafety eplanks eT@lking events flatclassroom projects global classroom global projects global schools polycom professional development reflections skype skype in the classroom social networking Tech Talk Tuesday twitter Uncategorized videoconferencing virtual classrooms web 2.0 web2.0 web conferencing WIWOW
From the Past
- A new #ISTE student standard is "Student as Global Collaborator". Let's discuss the World is My Classroom #vicpln… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 11 hours ago
- RT @Y7News: Coles supermarkets go quiet for an hour to make shopping easier for people with autism yhoo.it/2vY8ZtI #7News https://t… 5 days ago
- #India celebrates its #Independence Day today. Happy Independence Day to all friends and colleagues in India. 1 week ago
- RT @julielindsay: Excited to share #theglobaleducator @KLirenman Case Study 1.5 julielindsay.net/2017/08/case-s… #edchat #edtechchat #globaled #TLch… 1 week ago
- @anusharma81 @SkypeClassroom Thanks to you, Anu and your students. Hope we can have more connections and continue to learn with each other. 1 week ago