My online friend, Bonnie Kaplan has commenced a photofriday. I met Bonnie through Kevin’s regular day in a sentence“. As I missed the inaugural Friday, I am determined to share a photo today.
My day in a sentence for this week is:-
It was announced at morning briefing that our principal was leaving for USA, but I reported that I would be there before her, taking my kids with me, as we were using skype to participate in an amazing videoconference for a “show and tell finale” with the New England students we had connected with through blogging.
My photo follows the same theme and shows one of my students holding up a jar of vegemite to show the students of Collaboration Nation, in New England, USA. We are in Australia, but with the help of skype, a web cam, a desktop microphone and an interactive whiteboard, we were able to videoconference with each other. They chanted Hannah along until she tasted the vegemite in front of the camera.
G'day! I am a secondary teacher in a small rural prep to year 12 school in Australia. I teach Information Technology and Accounting and am passionate about learning, immersing technology in the classroom, rural education and global education.
Proud to be…
- 21st century education Asian Connections blogging conference presentations conferences COVID19 cybersafety eplanks eT@lking events flatclassroom projects global classroom global connections global projects global schools polycom reflections Remote learning skype skype in the classroom social networking Tech Talk Tuesday twitter Uncategorized videoconferencing virtual classrooms web 2.0 web2.0 web conferencing WIWOW
From the Past
- RT @Larryferlazzo: The Best 16 Web 2.0 Applications For Education In 2022 – Part One larryferlazzo.edublogs.org/2022/06/13/the… 1 week ago
- As Australia celebrates World Teacher Day, we came to school amidst bad storms, heavy rain, no power or internet, m… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 8 months ago
- Joining more than 300 participants including virtual students and classrooms for eSmart week to learn more about Ga… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 9 months ago
- Our school will be participating in national #eSmartWeek Sept 6 -12: attending webinars and exploring some of the g… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 9 months ago
- Today, Fri 30th is International Friendship Day. Are you celebrating it in any way? #isteglobalpln #globaled #globalclassroom 11 months ago