One of the final stages in transforming our educational community and associated readiness for the ultranet at Hawkesdale P12 College is to bring our parents/students/staff online into elluminate tomorrow night at 7:30pm for 1 hour. This session is initially offered for parents and students of our netbook program (years 5 to 9)
There was some doubt as to whether our parents would like to take up this offer, but there have been numerous phone calls, emails etc from parents wishing to come online – all excited but understandably nervous. We have a mix of internet access from dial up, to satellite to broadband.
How we will do this:-
- Conduct a face to face meeting with parents in our school library to share conversations re netbooks.
- Book an elluminate room with our Department of Education
- Notices seeking interest from parents have gone out (repeated in our school newsletter)
- User documentation on accessing and using elluminate
- A practise run through will be conducted at school during lunchtime tomorrow with those students whose parents are involved. (Most of our years 5-8 have used elluminate before)
- Students (wtih their netbooks) will come online with their parents (on desktops) and mentor their parents on access and use
Agenda for first online meeting Monday May 17th
- Introducing elluminate (4mins)
- Ice breaker (6 mins)
- From our Principal (7 mins)
- Assistant Principal (7 mins)
- Online exploration: Ms Murnane (7 mins)
- An e-guest from Darwin – Rachel Neale (7 mins)
- From the classroom – Mrs Gow (7 mins)
- Mr Poynton – Education Week (7 mins)
- Question time (7 mins)
Hoping that there are few technical glitches and a report will be given on the outcome. This online session will be offered for another two weeks, with the possibility of conducting them once a month.