Two months ago, students from years 5 to 8 received their netbooks. Hawkesdale P12 College has gone 1:1 for these year levels in 2010, after the successful introduction to grade 5 students in 2009. Although an information session was held prior to this event, a further session was offered to parents this evening to unpack the netbook with their student beside them, allowing them to ask further questions and to inform parents of their use in the classroom. The meeting took place in the library and each parent and student had a netbook. Our library has a bank of netbooks for borrowing.
How wonderful it was to see a parent beside their child discovering the content of those mobile devices, working together and sharing conversations. Staff were also in attendance. The session ran for one and a half hours and in that time, parents enquired about the internet access at home, voiced concerns about students potentially losing vital life skills and basic numeracy and literacy skills etc.
In two weeks time, parents will be given the opportunity to come online in elluminate from their homes and share further conversations. When teachers, parents and students work together, the learning will surely be stronger.
G'day! I am a secondary teacher in a small rural prep to year 12 school in Australia. I teach Information Technology and Accounting and am passionate about learning, immersing technology in the classroom, rural education and global education.
Proud to be…
June 2021 M T W T F S S 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30
- 21st century education Asian Connections blogging conference presentations conferences COVID19 cybersafety eplanks eT@lking events flatclassroom projects global classroom global connections global projects global schools polycom reflections Remote learning skype skype in the classroom social networking Tech Talk Tuesday twitter Uncategorized videoconferencing virtual classrooms web 2.0 web2.0 web conferencing WIWOW
From the Past
- RT @ISTEglobalPLN: 😍Wherever you are, you can enjoy DAY 3 of @ISTEglobalPLN #GCSummit2021😍 ➡ wakelet.com/@GCSummit 💻streamlined: @wakel… 4 weeks ago
- RT @harkinworld: Excitement is already happening. #GCSummit2021 twitter.com/cecigomez_g/st… 1 month ago
- RT @ISTEglobalPLN: Starting on May 17, our #GlobalCollaborationSummit will begin-it's asynchronous! Thanks to #ISTEGlobalPLN chairs @Sean4… 1 month ago
- Please join us. It starts in 9 mins. #globaled #globalclassrooms twitter.com/LottieDowlingN… 1 month ago
- RT @ISTEglobalPLN: 🎉We want to celebrate you at our #ISTE21 #ISTEGlobalPLN playground, "Will you learn with me?" To submit, complete both… 1 month ago