Our Chinese friends celebrate the Chinese New Year on Jan 28th although celebrations go over a period of time. 2017 is the Year of the Rooster.
The Rooster traits include loyalty, commitment, hard work, family values. These can be shared by all. The celebrations go for approximately 2 weeks. This article from the London Telegraph shares what it is like.
Here are some of the sites that I may use with my students in learning all about the New Year.
- Chinese New Year Stickers
- Tips from Wendy Wu for celebrating Chinese New Year
- TES has some different activities for classes – some resources are free, some need to be paid for. You will need to register for this site but it is well worth it.
- Kahoot has online, fun quizzes. Try this one Chinese New Year 2017
- Top Marks has a really useful page with lots of links and explanations.
- Classroom Resources from ReadWriteThink – has a list of interesting and useful websites
- Chinese New Year for Kids and Teachers
- Pinterest is another great source of information, ideas, resources and activities. Simpusely search for Chnese New Year, Year of the Rooster etc.
Do you this special event for learning in your classroom? What do you do or what resources can you share? Please add as a comment below.