September 15th was International Dot Day. The ISTE Global Collaboration PLN, of which I am also a member. It was decided that the #ISTEGlobalPLN would create a project for this day to engage our members and other educators. Sean Forde, one of our lPLN leadership team set up a Dot Day wakelet for participants to add their dots. It is still not too late to add yours. Peter Reynolds, the author of the Dot, created a beautiful Dot to start us off.
Here is what it looked like in my classes
- We do not have the book, so we watched the story on youtube.
- As it is during my ICT classes, computers had to be used to draw the dots
- Most students chose to use MS Paint with some having access to Paint 3D
- They were encouraged to share a little of Australian culture in their dots as it was a global project
- All dots were collated into a Powerpoint presentation and then uploaded to slideshare.
- The link to the slideshares were added to Wakelet and this created an efficient and effective way of sharing more than 40 dots. (Rather than have them just listed under one another).
Did you get involved in International Dot Day? What did you do?