Today, I am presenting at one of long time favourite conferences – Comview – the Victorian Commercial Teachers Association of Victoria (VCTA). Below is a list of the best ways in which I have established an amazing global network and where others can readily find others to connect with. There are many more but these were the ones that helped me. The presentation will be added soon.
Resources to use during session
Sites to find people to connect with
Flipgrid: please introduce yourself on this grid and describe your favourite time at work.
Other tools to use to connect
- Edmodo – learning management system
- Padlet What do you see outside your window?
- Communication apps: viber, voxer, wechat, whatsapp, messenger, email etc
Voicethread – online podcasting/videocasting for collaboration and connecting. Register for the free teacher version
Other sites to find global connections:
- Facebook groups – becoming increasingly popular with Asia
- Google+ groups
- Taking IT Global
- Edmodo teacher groups
More on twitter: Suggestions to follow on twitter
@skypeclassroom @elemenous @stevehargadon @jaimedonally @TheEdsaneT @murcha @joycebronwyn
- Skypeathon #skypeathon
- Sustainable Development Goals – 17 goals to transform our world
- #SDGs #WorldToiletDay
- #TeachSDGs #climateaction
- Global Education: #globaled17 (conference); #globaled #globalclassroom #asiaed #ISTEGlobalPLN #globalgoals #globalmakerday
- General education: #edtech #edchat
Flipgrid: Follow @Joycebronwyn #flipgridfever