This coming week features the Global Education Conference -one of my favourite online conferences – an amazing conference involving potentially the world. Presenters and participants do come from across the world. Sessions are predominantly in English but other languages are starting to feature now. See the schedule, choose your own time zone first and spend time looking at all the sessions on offer.
- member of the Advisory Board
- moderator for the Australian late afternoon and evening hours when the rest of the world sleeps.
- Moderator of Tech Talk Tuesdays Global Connections
- Co-presenter for Skype in the Connected Classroom and Hello Little World Skypers
- Co-presenter for Flat Connectors – Global Collaborators – Meet and Share with Julie Lindsay and many Flat Educators
- My year 7 ICT girls will present The World is Our Classroom This is will not be a well rehearsed presentation but the girls will share some of the global linkups they have been involved in over the last 2 months, what they have learned and why the enjoy connecting globally.
Sessions of global colleagues who are also presenting. These people are part of my networking groups and special to me.
- Tóthné Bán Gyöngyi on Using skype , google hangout and writing mails/letters to help small students in a little classroom to open their eyes to the large world outside
- How to create a student centered global classroom using Skype, Twitter and blogs with Ann Michaelsen Tue, November 18, 5am – 6am
- Keeping your batteries charged and learning together by connecting globally with other educators Maria Colussa
- Building Essential 21st Century Skills Through Global Collaboration Projects Effie Kyrikakis
- World Museum Projects: Collaboration Projects in Scratch with Yoshiro Myato, Lorraine Leo and Dr José Manuel Sáez Lopez
- Speechcraft Online: Connecting the Speakers’ Trainers Globally with Coach Carole McCulloch and Toastmasters around the World
- “Conceptualizing Violence and Leveraging Skype to Promote World Peace” with Dr. Deason, at 7pm +3GMT local time here! I will be basically talking about conceptualizing violence
- Keynote: Our Global Friendships with Lisa Parisi, Donna Roman, Toni Olivieri-Barton, Emily Roth, Robyn Thiessen
- Global Collaboration: The Student Perspective with Sheri Williams, Amy Jambor and others
- Conceptualizing Violence and Leveraging Skype to Promote World peace with Dr. Chris Deason and Abrahim Bahiti, BA
- Students Presenting A Week in the Life – Environmental Issues with Toni Olivieri-Barton
- Digiteen/Digitween – Global Digital Citizenship Project with Theresa Allen and Helen McConaghy
- Social Entrepreneurship: The Student Voice with Sharon Brown-Peters
- Building Essential 21st Century Skills Through Global Collaboration Projects with Effie Kyrikakis
- The Elders mentor younger ones at “The School in the Cloud” with Sebastian Panakal
- The Global Classroom Project Stories and Launch 2014-15 with Michael Graffin
- Changing Perspectives of Japanese High School Stdents toward the Chinese by Videoconferencing with Mariko Eguchi
- Theresa Allen Digiteen/Digitween – The Global Digital Citizenship Project
Which ones have I missed? What sessions can you recommend? Make sure you attend at least a few session of #globaledcon