The Australian Computer Educators Conference is currently underway. The first of my presentations was “All Things Twitter”.
As an active member of twitter for the last 6 years, I have found it to be one of the best ways to build both a personal and global professional learning network to keep up with the current trends in education and to enable conversations about learning and technology. My session was aimed at all users of twitter from beginner to advanced but will tend to be skewed towards the regular and advanced users. After attending this session participants will be able to
- Recognize strong profiles
- Understand the use of hashtags and how to find them
- Participate in twitter chats for professional development
- Schedule tweets using hootsuite or buffer
- Understand the effective use of lists in twitter
- Recognize the tools and platforms that can enhance their twitter experience eg tweetchat, hootsuite, tweetdeck, tweetgrid etc
- Appreciate the advanced functionality of link shorteners
- learn of popular mobile apps
- Know how to use quality searches to find quality people to follow
What else could you add?