- Code Crunch from Education City aimed at young children
- Scratch from MIT aimed at children 8+ Scratch Jnr is about to be released
- Kodu from Microsoft Research is used to design games in a 3D world. Some great tutorials can be found on Nicky Cooper’s Game Creation in Kodu site and Queen of Kodu youtube video tutorials
- TouchDevelop also from Microsoft Research is used to write programs that work on tablets, smart phones and web browsers.
- Code World Club and Code Club World Australia!
Marc stepped Peggy George of the USA through the first task or project in Code Club World Australia demonstrating some of the basic essentials of coding in Scratch. This also proved an interesting challenge in accents and pronunciations especially the words “hall” and “caught”.