This was a presentation given at a recent Perfecting the Blend conference in Melbourne, Victoria that shares the use of virtual conferencing and virtual classrooms on a local and global basis. Our Education Department has provided Polycom Videoconferencing equipment, a license for Blackboard Collaborate and MS Lync. Skype is a free tool.
G'day! I am a secondary teacher in a small rural prep to year 12 school in Australia. I teach Information Technology and Accounting and am passionate about learning, immersing technology in the classroom, rural education and global education.
Proud to be…
- 21st century education Asian Connections Australia series awards blogging blogs conference presentations conferences cybersafety eplanks eT@lking events flatclassroom projects global classroom global projects global schools polycom professional development reflections skype social networking Tech Talk Tuesday twitter Uncategorized videoconferencing virtual classrooms web 2.0 web2.0 web conferencing WIWOW
From the Past
- @mrsfint Have u checked out Asian classes or Rusia on education.microsoft.com/connectwithoth… #skype2learn If no luck, contact again @skypeclassroom #asiaed 4 hours ago
- #theglobaleducator facilitates, teaches, learns interacts converses on a global scale removing geographical cultural and language barriers. 5 days ago
- July 19 in Australia Sharing nature & importance of #globaleducation with contributions from global educators. twitter.com/julielindsay/s… 6 days ago
- RT @cliffmanning: The future of children’s media: a view from the BBC blogs.lse.ac.uk/parenting4digi… 1 week ago
- Unedited notes-Connecting Classrooms Globally session #hacked16 #unplugged Sat of #iste2016 @tracywatanabe #globaled docs.google.com/document/d/11e… 2 weeks ago