This was a presentation given at a recent Perfecting the Blend conference in Melbourne, Victoria that shares the use of virtual conferencing and virtual classrooms on a local and global basis. Our Education Department has provided Polycom Videoconferencing equipment, a license for Blackboard Collaborate and MS Lync. Skype is a free tool.
G'day! I am a secondary teacher in a small rural prep to year 12 school in Australia. I teach Information Technology and Accounting and am passionate about learning, immersing technology in the classroom, rural education and global education.
Proud to be…
- 21st century education Asian Connections Australia series awards blogging blogs conference presentations conferences cybersafety eplanks eT@lking events flatclassroom projects global classroom global projects global schools polycom reflections skype skype in the classroom social networking Tech Talk Tuesday twitter Uncategorized videoconferencing virtual classrooms web 2.0 web2.0 web conferencing WIWOW
From the Past
- @troythomson_au Thanks for thinking of me, wish I didnt live so far from Melbourne sometimes. Will still be in classroom next year. 1 day ago
- #mseduau #skype2learn twitter.com/iro_st/status/… 3 days ago
- Using Internet Memes to Connect with Your Class fractuslearning.com/2016/01/07/mem… #edchat #aussieED #vicpln 4 days ago
- @MirtschinEdu @GoogleForEdu @margaretsimkin We use #ms365 as our Education Dept provides it free for us. Use google apps 4 sharing globally 1 week ago
- Met HeaTeacher-school in Kerala India - school that has students fr poor backgrounds, saw their projects for export… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 1 week ago