This was a presentation given at a recent Perfecting the Blend conference in Melbourne, Victoria that shares the use of virtual conferencing and virtual classrooms on a local and global basis. Our Education Department has provided Polycom Videoconferencing equipment, a license for Blackboard Collaborate and MS Lync. Skype is a free tool.
G'day! I am a secondary teacher in a small rural prep to year 12 school in Australia. I teach Information Technology and Accounting and am passionate about learning, immersing technology in the classroom, rural education and global education.
Proud to be…
- 21st century education Asian Connections Australia series awards blogging blogs conference presentations conferences cybersafety eplanks eT@lking events flatclassroom projects global classroom global projects global schools polycom professional development reflections skype social networking Tech Talk Tuesday twitter Uncategorized videoconferencing virtual classrooms web 2.0 web2.0 web conferencing WIWOW
From the Past
- @ray_trent @SkypeClassroom @deannejoosten Which badge is that Trent? I think I lost the conversation thread. 1 week ago
- RT @julielindsay: Free webinar next wk - How to make online global collaboration work docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAI… @toniobarton @murcha @amyjamb… 1 week ago
- Our Chinese teacher teaches Chinese to our year F-1 students & another small school simultaneously #polycom #asiaed https://t.co/pc61B0whfO 2 weeks ago
- @MsHallELA @edublogs Did you get your questions answered? Perhaps I could help or connect you to someone who can 2 weeks ago
- @Katiegrubby @julielindsay Thanks We would love to try and catch up with Nitin. Will msg him on wechat when the time gets closer. 2 weeks ago