This was a presentation given at a recent Perfecting the Blend conference in Melbourne, Victoria that shares the use of virtual conferencing and virtual classrooms on a local and global basis. Our Education Department has provided Polycom Videoconferencing equipment, a license for Blackboard Collaborate and MS Lync. Skype is a free tool.
G'day! I am a secondary teacher in a small rural prep to year 12 school in Australia. I teach Information Technology and Accounting and am passionate about learning, immersing technology in the classroom, rural education and global education.
Proud to be…
- 21st century education Asian Connections Australia series awards blogging blogs conference presentations conferences cybersafety eplanks eT@lking events flatclassroom projects global classroom global projects global schools polycom professional development reflections skype social networking Tech Talk Tuesday twitter Uncategorized videoconferencing virtual classrooms web 2.0 web2.0 web conferencing WIWOW
From the Past
- @sjw233 @MsKane6thGrade @mrkempnz I am from Australia and we would like to mystery Skype with you 1 day ago
- Please join me in 10 mins for Leading the Way in Global Classrooms sas.elluminate.com/d.jnlp?sid=200… #globaled #globalclassroom #globaledchat #vicpln 3 days ago
- RT @elemenous: Let's inspire action around global education! #globaled16 #globaled #globaledchat https://t.co/Y9cEHQkUpB 3 days ago
- Yr 8 -Chinese conversations, virtual tour WAB Beijing, learning of Aussies in Beijing #chinaconnects #skype2learn https://t.co/czMn9hWMuY 1 week ago
- In 30mins @kevoliver leads #twitterchat for #ISTEGlobalPLN- Assessing Global Learning #globaled #globalclassroom https://t.co/xe7Q0ihlT2 1 week ago