G'day! I am a secondary teacher in a small rural prep to year 12 school in Australia. I teach Information Technology and Accounting and am passionate about learning, immersing technology in the classroom, rural education and global education.
Proud to be…
From the Past
- @mgraffin @brettelockyer @suewaters Sorry my feet are blistered, red, swollen and are just "killing me"!!! (hope I can say that on twitter. 1 day ago
- @julielindsay @elemenous @stevehargadon @pgeorge Thanks back to you also for an amazing journey that still continues #iste2015 3 days ago
- At #ISTE2015 - can't wait to travel the world with my students! @skypeclassroom #msftedu http://t.co/gp34jxBu0k 3 days ago
- RT @MrsMorgansClass: Enjoying time with @murcha at the @istelib brekkie. Looking forward to hearing @shannonmmiller! #ISTE2015 http://t.co… 3 days ago
- RT @Williams1Sheri: Started talking about Global Collaboration PLN 2016! #ISTE2015 #ISTEgobalPLN @julielindsay @murcha @amyjambor @cpaterso… 4 days ago
Flags of a the world
eT@lking: Digital Humanitarianism
When: Wednesday 13th March at 8pm Melbourne Australia time See timeanddate for your day and timezone
About this session: What does Digital Humanitarianism really mean? And how can it help a community that has lost houses, businesses and a school that was over 100 years old. Megan Iemma was involved in helping re-build Dunalley Primary School in Tasmania via Facebook: Tassie Fires We Can Help page and via connections on Twitter.
A google doc was formed, and most of it was co-ordinated online. The great thing about this is how it helped the Tasmanian Department of Education access a document that was well set up and ready to go. Crowdsourcing and getting help where needed via online contacts was absolutely vital. Tune in to hear the rest of the story……..
About our presenter: Megan Iemma (@megsamanda) describes herself as an online, mobile and Social Media Strategist who is passionate about adult learning and technology.
Please join us and share in the conversations. Here is the link to the recording of this session.