G'day! I am a secondary teacher in a small rural prep to year 12 school in Australia. I teach Information Technology and Accounting and am passionate about learning, immersing technology in the classroom, rural education and global education.
Proud to be…
From the Past
- MT @AsiaEducation VIC teacher? Upcoming TeachMeetAsia events on study tours, ICT &engaging Asia #vicp ow.ly/KXpXD #asiaED 1 day ago
- @NZWaikato Hey Myles, any chance of our yr 5/6 class #skype with yr class today/tomorrow so our students can show our ANZAC day activities? 5 days ago
- In 20 mins, join us for TechTalkTues w conversations on Twitter Chats - trending PD Link to join au-sas.bbcollab.com/site/external/… #vicpln #edtech 6 days ago
- Some fabulous #skype recorded converstaions between famous experts and classrooms #inspirenextgen bing.com/explore/conver… #skype2learn 6 days ago
- MT@julielindsay Educators - Flatten your learning and volunteer to judge student work! #flatconnections bit.ly/1ErJSN8 #globaled 1 week ago
Flags of a the world
eT@lking: Digital Humanitarianism
When: Wednesday 13th March at 8pm Melbourne Australia time See timeanddate for your day and timezone
About this session: What does Digital Humanitarianism really mean? And how can it help a community that has lost houses, businesses and a school that was over 100 years old. Megan Iemma was involved in helping re-build Dunalley Primary School in Tasmania via Facebook: Tassie Fires We Can Help page and via connections on Twitter.
A google doc was formed, and most of it was co-ordinated online. The great thing about this is how it helped the Tasmanian Department of Education access a document that was well set up and ready to go. Crowdsourcing and getting help where needed via online contacts was absolutely vital. Tune in to hear the rest of the story……..
About our presenter: Megan Iemma (@megsamanda) describes herself as an online, mobile and Social Media Strategist who is passionate about adult learning and technology.
Please join us and share in the conversations. Here is the link to the recording of this session.