G'day! I am a secondary teacher in a small rural prep to year 12 school in Australia. I teach Information Technology and Accounting and am passionate about learning, immersing technology in the classroom, rural education and global education.
Proud to be…
- 21st century education Asian Connections awards blogging conference presentations conferences cybersafety eplanks eT@lking events flatclassroom projects global classroom global connections global projects global schools polycom professional development reflections skype skype in the classroom social networking Tech Talk Tuesday twitter Uncategorized videoconferencing virtual classrooms web 2.0 web2.0 web conferencing WIWOW
From the Past
- RT @TheEdsaneT: Catch up with the #ISTEGlobalPLN crew at #ISTE18 Here is where you can find us! https://t.co/7tgAsZia2l 2 days ago
- @globaledcon That would be wonderful. Thanks 3 days ago
- @TaraLinney @globaledcon We are land just after 4pm. It will be good to catch up again! 4 days ago
- @globaledcon Arriving in Chicago on Fri afternoon, leaving Chicago Fri week later for New York to catch up with our… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 4 days ago
- @bhallowes Yes, Brenda. It is really sad and still almost unbelievable. It will be great to still meet up with fellow HLW Skypers. 5 days ago
eT@lking: Digital Humanitarianism
When: Wednesday 13th March at 8pm Melbourne Australia time See timeanddate for your day and timezone
About this session: What does Digital Humanitarianism really mean? And how can it help a community that has lost houses, businesses and a school that was over 100 years old. Megan Iemma was involved in helping re-build Dunalley Primary School in Tasmania via Facebook: Tassie Fires We Can Help page and via connections on Twitter.
A google doc was formed, and most of it was co-ordinated online. The great thing about this is how it helped the Tasmanian Department of Education access a document that was well set up and ready to go. Crowdsourcing and getting help where needed via online contacts was absolutely vital. Tune in to hear the rest of the story……..
About our presenter: Megan Iemma (@megsamanda) describes herself as an online, mobile and Social Media Strategist who is passionate about adult learning and technology.
Please join us and share in the conversations. Here is the link to the recording of this session.