G'day! I am a secondary teacher in a small rural prep to year 12 school in Australia. I teach Information Technology and Accounting and am passionate about learning, immersing technology in the classroom, rural education and global education.
Proud to be…
From the Past
- Professional Devlpt: What are choices?- topic of conversation for #TechTalkTue free webinar in 15 mins Link connect.vic.edu.au/ttt/ #vicpln 8 hours ago
- RT @julielindsay: Global Collaboration Highlights from Flat Connections #globaled #globalclassroom @flatconnections #ISTEglobalPLN http://t… 8 hours ago
- MT @toniobarton #isteglobalpln @julielindsay @kimbowa @amyjambor @Larisa_Schelkin @Williams1Sheri @zeitz @kevoliver http://t.co/xTdW4tjHWF 13 hours ago
- RT @lkegode: HIP Academy students are actually enjoying the global connection. @BevLadd @murcha @andreafriendams @staffdevjnkie https://t.… 1 day ago
- MT @FizzicsEd Join SciFest2015, a #STEM festival via video conference for schools across Oz. #vicpln #eduoz #edvc See virtualexcursionsaustralia.com.au/scifest-2015/ 5 days ago
Flags of a the world
eT@lking: Digital Humanitarianism
When: Wednesday 13th March at 8pm Melbourne Australia time See timeanddate for your day and timezone
About this session: What does Digital Humanitarianism really mean? And how can it help a community that has lost houses, businesses and a school that was over 100 years old. Megan Iemma was involved in helping re-build Dunalley Primary School in Tasmania via Facebook: Tassie Fires We Can Help page and via connections on Twitter.
A google doc was formed, and most of it was co-ordinated online. The great thing about this is how it helped the Tasmanian Department of Education access a document that was well set up and ready to go. Crowdsourcing and getting help where needed via online contacts was absolutely vital. Tune in to hear the rest of the story……..
About our presenter: Megan Iemma (@megsamanda) describes herself as an online, mobile and Social Media Strategist who is passionate about adult learning and technology.
Please join us and share in the conversations. Here is the link to the recording of this session.