G'day! I am a secondary teacher in a small rural prep to year 12 school in Australia. I teach Information Technology and Accounting and am passionate about learning, immersing technology in the classroom, rural education and global education.
Proud to be…
- 21st century education Asian Connections Australia series awards blogging blogs conference presentations conferences cybersafety eplanks eT@lking events flatclassroom projects global classroom global projects global schools polycom professional development reflections skype social networking Tech Talk Tuesday twitter Uncategorized videoconferencing virtual classrooms web 2.0 web2.0 web conferencing WIWOW
From the Past
- @ray_trent @SkypeClassroom @deannejoosten Which badge is that Trent? I think I lost the conversation thread. 6 days ago
- RT @julielindsay: Free webinar next wk - How to make online global collaboration work docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAI… @toniobarton @murcha @amyjamb… 1 week ago
- Our Chinese teacher teaches Chinese to our year F-1 students & another small school simultaneously #polycom #asiaed https://t.co/pc61B0whfO 1 week ago
- @MsHallELA @edublogs Did you get your questions answered? Perhaps I could help or connect you to someone who can 1 week ago
- @Katiegrubby @julielindsay Thanks We would love to try and catch up with Nitin. Will msg him on wechat when the time gets closer. 1 week ago
eT@lking: Digital Humanitarianism
When: Wednesday 13th March at 8pm Melbourne Australia time See timeanddate for your day and timezone
About this session: What does Digital Humanitarianism really mean? And how can it help a community that has lost houses, businesses and a school that was over 100 years old. Megan Iemma was involved in helping re-build Dunalley Primary School in Tasmania via Facebook: Tassie Fires We Can Help page and via connections on Twitter.
A google doc was formed, and most of it was co-ordinated online. The great thing about this is how it helped the Tasmanian Department of Education access a document that was well set up and ready to go. Crowdsourcing and getting help where needed via online contacts was absolutely vital. Tune in to hear the rest of the story……..
About our presenter: Megan Iemma (@megsamanda) describes herself as an online, mobile and Social Media Strategist who is passionate about adult learning and technology.
Please join us and share in the conversations. Here is the link to the recording of this session.