G'day! I am a secondary teacher in a small rural prep to year 12 school in Australia. I teach Information Technology and Accounting and am passionate about learning, immersing technology in the classroom, rural education and global education.
Proud to be…
- 21st century education Asian Connections Australia series awards blogging blogs conference presentations conferences cybersafety eplanks eT@lking events flatclassroom projects global classroom global projects global schools polycom professional development reflections skype social networking Tech Talk Tuesday twitter Uncategorized videoconferencing virtual classrooms web 2.0 web2.0 web conferencing WIWOW
From the Past
- Some of best global learning can be spontaneous, 'on the fly' & student led interaction, rather than formal plannin… twitter.com/i/web/status/7… 1 day ago
- @ackygirl @sarahprestridge @julielindsay To make global collaboration achievable/valued-essential to share the stories globally #accec2016 1 day ago
- There are many exciting stories to share collaborating globally & @julielindsay has so many to tell. Enjoy if at #accec2016 #globaled16 1 day ago
- Playing global #Kahoot with Taiwan & Sth Korea on The Paper Bag Princess. Thanks Lin-lin #globaled16 #asiaED https://t.co/e66TYHHiSr 3 weeks ago
- RT @penpln: Delightful Digital Scrapbook Project to circulate ping @murcha @mgraffin #connectedlearning #OpenPedagogy https://t.co/ghktyOqB… 3 weeks ago
Tech Talk Tuesdays: Changing the way we view cybersafety – a discussion
The Topic: Changing the way we view cyber safety – a discussion
When: Tuesday, May 1st, 4-5pm Melbourne, Australia time (gmt+10)
Where: Online webinar. Click on this link to join the session.
About the session: Taking up from past presentations on TechTalk Tuesdays this session Tony Richards (@itmadesimple) will be lead discussions on the growing challenge of cyber smarts, digital footprints, online reputations and how we are dealing with these issues on a personal, professional and school community level. Participants will explore and discuss ideas that have worked and those that have not, looking to share our knowledge and experience, please come prepared to share, argue and challenge.
About the Presenter: Mr Tony Richards has had a long and varied involvement with ICT in education. He has worked across a large range of environments, including time as a primary classroom teacher, technology advisor, network manager and developer, Distance Education Technology project manager, executive officer with ICTEV subject association, new media specialist with the Australian Children’s Television Foundation, Director of Information Technology with Northern Territory DET, blogger, podcaster on the Ed Tech Crew. View LinkedIn profile
Here is the link to the recording. This was such a fabulous, thought provoking session. Unfortunately, we had some technical issues uploading the presentation, so the session was shortened. However, Tony has agreed to return in June to complete the full session.