As Christmas has finished and the New Year begins, it is summer time in Australia bringing a welcome 5 week holiday break from school before the new school year begins. Here are ten things that I hope to do over the break!
- “Get lost” surfing through the nominations and finalists in the many categories for the recent edublogs awards.
- Catch up on many of the 2011 K12 Online conference presentations
- Sort through and listen to recordings from the 2011 Global Education Conference
- Reflect on the year that was 2011 and write blog posts
- Select my favourite online tools for 2011 and predict future directions for learning
- Go through my twitter roll and follow the many people who now follow me (after a careful check of their digital profiles)
- Download presentations that are applicable to my teaching subjects for 2012 from the recent Comview Conference.
- Commence creating digital movies and objects for accounting and information technology at year 11 and 12 level
- Apply to present at the ACEC 2012 Conference in Perth, September 2012
- Complete the modules which are part of the valuable Flat Classroom Certified Teacher 11-03 program
Amongst all this, consideration needs to be made about the direction and content of Tech Talk Tuesdays and eT@lking… but most of all I want to have precious time away with my family and relax!