- They are highly motivational
- Comments can create conversations and therefore learning
- They are a vital point of contact or connection: as blogging provides a global presence, people who wish to learn more about you, connect with you or just communicate can easily do so via comments
- Care needs to be taken with comments – use proper English, be positive, use appropriate language. Remember that some readers may need to use a translator.
- Always reply to someone who comments on your blog post, read what they are blogging about and ask a question where possible to keep the conversation going
- Actively encourage comments by asking a question(s) in your blog post
- Ensure you moderate comments to keep spammers and unwanted bodies at bay.
- Allow at least 10 mins per week to comment on others’ blog posts
- Whenever you read a blog post, please consider commenting to let the blogger know that you have visited – even if it is just to say “Thanks for posting”
- You can be updated on further comments added to a particular blog post, by subscribing to the comment feed.
Some Further reading:-
- How to comment on a Blog – a Beginners’ Guide
- Teaching Quality Commenting
- 10 Techniques to get more comments
What would you add to the list of things you should know about blogging?