This informal discussion on blogging had a broad range of participants from many sectors of education, included non-teachers. This made for rich conversations.
The video camera was used to good effect with Graham showing a Writing magazine that he had picked up from a newsagent with two great articles on blogging. The whiteboard and chat were used for interactivity and application sharing allowed some blogging sites to be demonstrated. Here is the link to the recording.
From the chat
- Use the #tag comments4kids when wanting others to comment on student blogs
- Blogs shared Graham Clark, macgirl19l, ccoffa, hihelen18, coach carole’s family history blog, Epsomps, jjash365
- Blogs every new teacher should read
- Great tips and resources at the Kick Start Your Blog Challenge with Edublogs
- How to increase blog readership for beginner bloggers and for advanced bloggers
- post to blogger from your phone using blogPress
- Graham recommended this book on blogging “Content Rules”
- Use google analytics to see if your blog is being read
- What is the secret to tags? should they be individual words, groups of words separated by underscores or just groups of words
- Some tags for blogs #edchat #ebshare #comments4kids (This one use to ask people to comment on student blogs)
- try OhLife as a reminder blog system
Below are the whiteboard screen dumps:-