Allison Kirby, of Yellow Edge, who trains people in elluminate LIVE, was our guest presenter tonight. She gave us some fantastic hints on running a successful online conference and/or sessions, shared some great resources and used interactivity and the whiteboard to great effect! Thanks Allison, great session and I am going to try many of your suggestions as soon as I can.
From the chat:
- Carole McCulloch: love the pushpin idea – cos it stays there (on the map)
- copying is the best form of flattery
- it is an essential element to get the right theme for a conference or session
- I like Elluminate inclusiveness – esp when we all have the same tools to use
- enthusiasts are usually very sharing of their time
- people like hearing from the ‘kids’ too – well they did on the Global Conference
- absolutely agree with the need to have a presenter who can use public speaking voice
- PRACTICE running your activities with a mentor
- OH and one other person did a GREAT 2 min ‘overview’ via a picture – and ppl LOVED that!
- Training Magazine Network has great websinars – 3am my time so I listen to recordings – like Ray Jimenez
- 6 week course with Coach Carole
- We should try to bring a friend next time!
- I would like to see more about the moderator and presenter controls
- You could use elluminate as the platform for professional conversation
Hints for working with students:-
- 5 min ‘free for all’
- share photos on whiteboard and save for later use
- word find with names
- polls and free time, giving them moderator priveledges and asking them to do tasks
- I have a file on my desktop of ‘useful’ stuff