They came from all over the globe for the Final Ceremony of the Global Education Conference. Check out these amazing figures for the Global Education Conference #globaled10:-
- 15,028 unique logins; 8,372 hours attended; 32,681 website visits.
- 5 days over 500 hours in a row, 8300 session attendance hours
Here are some comments from Steve Hargadon during the final session of the conference:-
- We became a community during the week – connected with so many people
- Watched an amazing learning curve took place – peer learning – there were so many peer acts.
- The conference was to be all inclusive – tried to be inclusive as possible so all could participate. They didn’t get as many presentations as they would have liked from across the world eg Eastern Europe
- Even if there was only one participant, there was an opportunity to present
- Physical conferences have been restricted with space – people got a chance to present
- There was no funding – didn’t have to pay for keynote speakers – so no money transfer – therefore conference was seen as trustworthy
Here are a few comments from the participants:-
- Karen Cator – highly connected
- Julene Reed: I feel like you were all with me at my desk this week! It was a very crowded office!
- Patricia Barrett: This is going to grow exponentially from this moment on
- Gabriel Vleisides (Co-Chair -East Europe ): Love the videos !! Thank you everyone for sharing your world with us !!
- Larry Anderson-ADE: Steve & Lucy have truly personified leadership this week!
- We have experienced Web 3.0
- JennyA: Global learning, global moving forward, global problem solving
And to show the truly global nature of the conference, some of the chat was in Spanish
- mira si te funciona este http://www.aula20.com/?xg_source=msg_mes_network
- Dario AcevedoH: Beatriz…envíame el link
I love the fact that in this room we are sharing different days, different times, different cultures etc but we all share a passion for teaching, learning and global education. Steve Hargadon, Lucy Gray and Julie Lindsay and many, many more have made possible, what many would say is impossible. I am proud to say that I was part of this amazing conference.
The conference may have finished, but the connections and conversations are just starting.