As it was the day of the Melbourne Cup, the ‘ race that stops a nation’, I did not organise a guest presenter as it was thought that few, if any people would turn up. This is a public holiday for those who work in Melbourne.
To my utter surprise, we had 18 people attend over the duration of the session, some from USA, China, Mexico and Australia. Having Peggy George in the room was great as she was able to share her rather remarkable day with online sessions, including her participation a session that involved live streaming of the NASA astronauts and their shuttle ship. Peggy also walked us through tweetdeck and discussed how it can be used effectively. Participants were asked to share something from their week on the whiteboard, then to add what they would like to discuss, learn and share.
Here is the link to the recording
From the chat-
- Peggy George: this is the link where I watched the NASA astronauts today
- a wiki being built on all things twitter
- zegna shared the site that she has been able to use in place of google docs http://www.baihui.com/0.asp
- here’s the google translation for zegina’s site:
- The student blogging challenge
- Sweetsearch is a search engine for students
- interesting early years project
Thanks to all participants for contributing