Dr Christine Redman, Senior Lecturer (Science and Technology Education Teaching and Research) Melbourne Graduate School of Education, University of Melbourne.
Christine has developed a framework used to guide the University of Melbourne pre-service primary science teachers to think about and make choices for using ICT to support ‘student’s voice and choice’ in learning and to recognise the ways that this supports students to be more metacognitive and responsive for their own learning needs. She spoke about the use of technologies through the 5E structure, a particular focus of our Education Department. The 5E’s structure is as follows:-
This structure was introduced to show how the stages can inform the choice of technologies to provide students as options – especially social tools for collaboration, including blogs and wikis
As more and more people embrace the social digital media eg facebook, twitter, blogging etc, conversations become a way of learning. Conversations create meaning and shares it. Understanding is defined by the act of conversing. In inquiry learning, we aim to have learning based around students’ questions, their interests and their learning needs.”
Thanks Christine for bringing the pedagogy into social learning.
Here is the link to the recording.
G'day! I am a secondary teacher in a small rural prep to year 12 school in Australia. I teach Information Technology and Accounting and am passionate about learning, immersing technology in the classroom, rural education and global education.
Proud to be…
- 21st century education Asian Connections Australia series awards blogging conference presentations conferences cybersafety eplanks eT@lking events flatclassroom projects global classroom global projects global schools polycom professional development reflections skype skype in the classroom social networking Tech Talk Tuesday twitter Uncategorized videoconferencing virtual classrooms web 2.0 web2.0 web conferencing WIWOW
From the Past
- @dondi64 @SkypeClassroom @neerumittal11 This will be an amazing meetup! Safe travels and enjoy special times togeth… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 3 days ago
- #isteglobalpln #globaled #globalclassroom #GlobalGoals twitter.com/ISTEglobalPLN/… 4 days ago
- RT @JaimeDonally: I'm humbled & honored to announce the pre-sale for my new book; Learning Transported with @ISTE Get practical insights, t… 2 weeks ago
- @Moustafa_1974 There are many simple and free tools to use and online sites where you can meet teachers and classes… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 2 weeks ago
- Using the internet to connect teachers and students around the world through Virtual Exchanges… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 2 weeks ago