Dr Christine Redman, Senior Lecturer (Science and Technology Education Teaching and Research) Melbourne Graduate School of Education, University of Melbourne.
Christine has developed a framework used to guide the University of Melbourne pre-service primary science teachers to think about and make choices for using ICT to support ‘student’s voice and choice’ in learning and to recognise the ways that this supports students to be more metacognitive and responsive for their own learning needs. She spoke about the use of technologies through the 5E structure, a particular focus of our Education Department. The 5E’s structure is as follows:-
This structure was introduced to show how the stages can inform the choice of technologies to provide students as options – especially social tools for collaboration, including blogs and wikis
As more and more people embrace the social digital media eg facebook, twitter, blogging etc, conversations become a way of learning. Conversations create meaning and shares it. Understanding is defined by the act of conversing. In inquiry learning, we aim to have learning based around students’ questions, their interests and their learning needs.”
Thanks Christine for bringing the pedagogy into social learning.
Here is the link to the recording.
G'day! I am a secondary teacher in a small rural prep to year 12 school in Australia. I teach Information Technology and Accounting and am passionate about learning, immersing technology in the classroom, rural education and global education.
Proud to be…
- 21st century education Asian Connections Australia series awards blogging blogs conference presentations conferences cybersafety eplanks eT@lking events flatclassroom projects global classroom global projects global schools polycom reflections skype skype in the classroom social networking Tech Talk Tuesday twitter Uncategorized videoconferencing virtual classrooms web 2.0 web2.0 web conferencing WIWOW
From the Past
- In 2 hrs, The Relevance of Connection webinar w @ProfeEdTech (winner of #ISTEGlobalPLN 2017 award). Link to join… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 1 hour ago
- Join @ProfeEdTech webinar The Relevance of Connection May 24th 8pm UTC-05:00 #globaled17 #isteglobalpln RSVP… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 1 day ago
- A6 Flat Connections Projects, Global Virtual Classroom, Projects by Jen See crowdsourced ISTE16 document docs.google.com/document/d/167… #plearnchat 1 day ago
- It is the powerful networking tools and apps that can push collaborative learning into all parts of the world. A PLN is vital #plearnchat 1 day ago
- A5 Many apps & tools that allow collaborative global learning are free so even the disadvantaged countries/schools can connect #plearnchat 1 day ago