Dr Christine Redman, Senior Lecturer (Science and Technology Education Teaching and Research) Melbourne Graduate School of Education, University of Melbourne.
Christine has developed a framework used to guide the University of Melbourne pre-service primary science teachers to think about and make choices for using ICT to support ‘student’s voice and choice’ in learning and to recognise the ways that this supports students to be more metacognitive and responsive for their own learning needs. She spoke about the use of technologies through the 5E structure, a particular focus of our Education Department. The 5E’s structure is as follows:-
This structure was introduced to show how the stages can inform the choice of technologies to provide students as options – especially social tools for collaboration, including blogs and wikis
As more and more people embrace the social digital media eg facebook, twitter, blogging etc, conversations become a way of learning. Conversations create meaning and shares it. Understanding is defined by the act of conversing. In inquiry learning, we aim to have learning based around students’ questions, their interests and their learning needs.”
Thanks Christine for bringing the pedagogy into social learning.
Here is the link to the recording.
G'day! I am a secondary teacher in a small rural prep to year 12 school in Australia. I teach Information Technology and Accounting and am passionate about learning, immersing technology in the classroom, rural education and global education.
Proud to be…
- 21st century education Asian Connections Australia series awards blogging blogs conference presentations conferences cybersafety eplanks eT@lking events flatclassroom projects global classroom global projects global schools polycom reflections skype skype in the classroom social networking Tech Talk Tuesday twitter Uncategorized videoconferencing virtual classrooms web 2.0 web2.0 web conferencing WIWOW
From the Past
- Managing distrating behaviour-Distract the Distractor:Stop OffTask Behavior Without Drama cultofpedagogy.com/distract-the-d… @#vicpln #aussieED #edchat 4 days ago
- Thanks so much @ markwoodexplore @SkypeClassroom for the stunning signed posters. They arrived yesterday. https://t.co/OjukmVB0xY 5 days ago
- Staff/students interacting in" Respectful Chat I Can Do That" online webinar #NDA2017 global2.vic.edu.au/2017/03/07/web… #edvc https://t.co/nRmShoESPL 1 week ago
- Today=National Day Against Bullying & Violence #NDA17 Students attend "Respectful Chat I can do that" webinar & make #starsschoolchallenge 1 week ago
- Free online Virtual Classroom Webinar ‘Respectful chat, I can do that!’ global2.vic.edu.au/2017/03/07/out… #NDA2017 #vicpln #aussieED #SayNoToBullying 1 week ago