Judith Way, who writes the fantastic award winning blog, Brightideas, was our guest presenter. With her background and wealth of experience, Judith has much to share and Wednesday night was no exception. She willingly shared some onsites and tools that engage students when responding to text. Please listen to the recording and see how technology can empower text responses.
A big thank you needs to be extended to Judith, whose motto is “Keep calm and carry on!” Access connections and some glitches with elluminate, meant that Judith dropped in and out constantly, but in true professional style, Judith bounced back in to carry on the session.
Judith provided these links to sites that she used with us during the session
- 60 second recap for Jane Eyre
- animoto sample
- Love, Star Girl book trailer – you tube
- Using toondoo – Inkheart and Romeo and Juliet
- Skinned using glogster
From the chat:-
- Prior to the session, discussion centred around emoticons and Jacqui1 told us to find the code for emoticons by “use your edit button on the mobile to see what the codes are”
- Twiddla – online collaborative tool
- Judith’s wiki for reading
- http://flickr.com for photos and images
- google lit for plotting and mapping in google earth
- book trailers
- rubistar is used to create assessment rubric