It will be really exciting to meet the class from Taman Burkitt Maluri School, Kuala Lumpur, that I and my year 11 students worked with online in the virtual classroom, using elluminate. I will spend some time with them and discuss cyber safety.When working with the internet there are three important lessons to be learnt:-
I would like to introduce you to some tools that will help you with your school work using cybersafety as our topic. These are:-
- Make a wishing wall – Give some tips/hints for staying cyber safe? Click on this wallwisher link and tell me. Group 2 should click on this link and tell me the best things about Kuala Lumpur.
- creating an avatar – choose from a lego avatar or a portrait avatar.
- creating a voki – an animated, talking avatar
- mind mapping using bubbl.us and
- creating word clouds using wordle.
Instructions for making your wordle:-
- Click on the “create” link
- Type cyber safety three times with a space between each word
- Type in at least 10 words aboutcybersafety (If you use two or more words, eg “no last names”, you need to put a tilda between them ie no~last~names so that the words stay together.
- Click ” go”. A word cloud will be created.
- Click randomize (down the bottom of your typed words) until you find a cloud that you like (You can manually change the cloud with the toolbar given.)
- Press PrtScr (a key at the top of your keyboard) to take a photo of your computer screen.
- Goto MS Paint, goto edit and Paste. Your screen photo appears. Find the dotted rectangle on the tool bar and draw a rectangle around the word cloud.
- Goto edit, choose copy
- Now get a new MS Paint File, do not save changes and goto edit>paste (You should just have your words.)
- Save as a jpg image or choose copy and got MS Word or MS Powerpoint and paste.