Hi students and it is a pleasure to meet you and work with you! When working with the internet there are three important lessons to be learnt:-
Group 1 this wallwisher and tell me your ideas on being cyber safe.
Group 2 First goto say hello from Ipoh (wallwisher)
I would like to introduce you to some tools that will help you with your school work and some that will help you with cybersafety. These are:-
- creating an avatar – choose from a lego avatar or a portrait avatar.
- creating a voki – an animated, talking avatar
- mind mapping using bubbl.us and
- creating word clouds using wordle.
Instructions for making your wordle:-
- Click on the “create” link
- Type Ipoh three times with a space between each word
- Type in at least 10 words about Ipoh (If you use two words, eg white coffee, you need to put a tilda between them ie white~coffee so that they stay together.
- Click ” go”. A word cloud will be created.
- Click randomize (down the bottom of your words) until you find a cloud that you like or manually change it.
- Press PrtScr (a key at the top of your keyboard) to take a photo of your computer screen.
- Goto MS Paint, goto edit and Paste. Your screen photo appears. Find the dotted rectangle on the tool bar and draw a rectangle around the word cloud.
- Goto edit, choose copy
- Now get a new MS Paint File, do not save changes and goto edit>paste You should just have your words.
- Save as a jpg image or choose copy and goto MS Word or MS Powerpoint and paste for use