Our USA presenter, on last week’s eT@lking was the engaging and motivating Maria Droujkova who is doing some amazing networking with educators, parents and communities interested in mathematics. Maria effectively used application sharing to walk us through some of the online sites that she is involved in and showed us contenct and applications. She also spoke about the future aspirations and upcoming conferences in the New Year. Maria is the founder of natural math and mathfuture.Thank you so much for sharing with us your innovative work, Maria.
From the chat came the following:-
- Secondary maths ed526b
- #mathchat is awesome!
- what a great idea! to feature people who use maths in different careers
- Some maths applications:- Scratch, eToys, Squeak, logo
- love some of papert and stager’s work with logo
- I so want to learn GeoGebra this year. Geogebra is a great program. I’ve used it very often. Geometric constructions for the younger students and algebra for the older students.
- Mathforum has problems of the week for students
- http://stanford.edu/~pnaqlada/mithril/ http://labyrinth.thinkport.org/www/