A follow up session to the twitter discussion of last week, was the nature of this week’s Tech Talk Tuesday. Participants contributed to the conversations, sharing their twitter accounts to demonstrate a number of features and uses of twitter. The chat, as always, proved to be of great value.
The icebreaker: How I feel today in a colour/shape!
From the chat:-
- 3D Map of the Titanic site for class virtual visits
- Find people on twitter with common interests from this site
- Twitter for Teachers
- Twitter in the Classroom
- ultranet hashtags got us together with heaps of local educators
- twitter has led me to many excellent professional development webinars and live streams
- The best part of the Ultranet hiccup yesterday was the #ultranet as it meant I got to find out a whole lot more local tweeps
- i love watching TV with Twitter – watching shows that people on Twitter are commenting on at the same time
- I have a bit of a pet peeve though with people who use multiple hashtags in a twee
- You can edit the hastags in TweetDeck
- when we had an earthquake in Melbourne we were able to pinpoint the epicentre through tweets before it was even on the news
- I set up a twitter feed for #fashion for my VET Fashion students
- and a back channel of discussions like when at conferences
- there is a TV show called question and answer, they put tweets at the bottom of the screen during the program
- what is the difference between @ and # when you want to do a search – @ is for people # is for searching eg @penpal will get you. #edchat links lots of people by subject
- tell about tweetshrink too🙂
- i have two vanity columns!🙂
- seesmic is another good one similar to tweetdeck but I still prefer tweetdeck
- Tweetdeck is nice to sync between the iPhone and computer
- hashtags are only effective if everyone uses the same hashtag for a topic or event–doesn’t always happen
- twapperkeeper – http://www.twapperkeeper.com/hashtag/ticer2010
- there have been some people using group follows where you can follow everyone in the group with one click-I think Moodle Mayhem did that. Ever wish you could follow all the Moodle Mayhem members who have twitter accounts? Click on this link. Using tweeple
- Topify can help you figure out who to follow back See Chris Betcher’s blog post on topify
- Blastfollow http://www.blastfollow.com/ What Is BlastFollow?
- Last week’s recording on Twitter Share ‘n Tell
- John Pearce’s shared twitter resources
- anyone else discovered historious?
- One of my Webslides is here http://slides.diigo.com/list/mrpbps/science4kids?mode=full&sid=34041
- Just in Twilk takes your Twitter followers’ profile photos and puts them on your Twitter background. http://twilk.com/
- Great post by Shamblesguru with list of so much, twitter.
Why people use twitter?