Our 5th linkup with Taman Burkit Maluri School and their teacher Zainuddin Zakaria.
This was another fun and exciting lesson. Listen to the recording.
The lesson plan
- started with an ice breaker. A image of snowman in pieces was added to the whiteboard, and students were asked to put it together. However, the snowman took on many shapes as their was no logic to the manner in which students madly scrambled to put it together from both countries.
- Intervention was required. Students put their hands up, and as their number was called out, they moved one piece of the snowman at any one time, until it looked like a snowman. The pipe ended up in its nose, and the mouth on its stomach, but that simply added to the humour!
- Flick brought a photo and shared it with the class. Although George brought one, we did not get a chance to look at it.
- Zainuddin asked a question of the class: “Why do you love blogging?” Responses went on the whiteboard. (see below)
- One of my students wanted to ask a question, so Danielle proceeded with “What is your favourite song?” Responses came thick and fast on the whiteboard to this question, and to the delight of my class some of their responses were also some of their popular songs.
- Zainuddin asked the next question: “If you were to travel, which country would you go to and who would you take with you?” Students were required to choose a friend from the other country!! This led to much mirth and laughter
- Then the bell went!
Screen dumps of the collaborative whiteboard:-