Steve Collis kept us captivated and engaged with his comprehensive presentation on 3D Virtual Worlds – One School’s Journey! He showed us screen grabs of the island that had been built, showed the sets that had been created by students and spoke of the amazing social and engagement outcomes for students.
From the chat Steve Collis youtube information video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X-oeCkBbwWo
Steve uses Linden Lab, Closed Teen Island estate and Open Sim in Reaction Grid
Rita: For anyone who is interested, we have a case study of a primary school example and their use of OpenSim on the Netbook Trial wiki: http://netbooktrial.wikispaces.com/Case+Study+~+Haddon+Primary+School
jokaydia and ISTE Island…great places for educators
With OpenSim, you also have ability to archive a grid…means you can replace with something else but reload it later – it is amazing!!!
Newbies should try:- Orientation Island, Help Island
For a bit of a laugh – True Confessions of Second Life newbies
Participant 1: First time in SL, attended an online Asian teachers meeting and did not load properly due to poor internet connection, appeared as a puff of smoke. To top it off the person I was next to, sent me text message and asked me to get off his lap! I did not know how to chat back, nor how to even get out of there. Second time in SL, my clothes did not load properly and my underpants were showing!
Participant 2: My first time was at a conference for teachers so my friends began among educators. But I had to ask how to sit and then I teleported and forgot to stand up -so i had to ask what to do.
Participant 3: Haha I got stuck behind a screen and couldn’t get out Response by participant: That happens to me all the time! except on phantom walls
Ok I am going to give SL another go…..
G'day! I am a secondary teacher in a small rural prep to year 12 school in Australia. I teach Information Technology and Accounting and am passionate about learning, immersing technology in the classroom, rural education and global education.
Proud to be…
- 21st century education Asian Connections blogging conference presentations conferences COVID19 cybersafety eplanks eT@lking events flatclassroom projects global classroom global connections global projects global schools polycom reflections Remote learning skype skype in the classroom social networking Tech Talk Tuesday twitter Uncategorized videoconferencing virtual classrooms web 2.0 web2.0 web conferencing WIWOW
From the Past
- RT @ISTEglobalPLN: Starting on May 17, our #GlobalCollaborationSummit will begin-it's asynchronous! Thanks to #ISTEGlobalPLN chairs @Sean4… 3 days ago
- Please join us. It starts in 9 mins. #globaled #globalclassrooms twitter.com/LottieDowlingN… 3 weeks ago
- RT @ISTEglobalPLN: 🎉We want to celebrate you at our #ISTE21 #ISTEGlobalPLN playground, "Will you learn with me?" To submit, complete both… 3 weeks ago
- RT @elemenous: I'm discussing “Edtech’s Impact on Global Education” with @LottieDowlingNZ, @jdeborahklein, @murcha, and GlobalEd In Schools… 3 weeks ago
- RT @ISTEglobalPLN: 💡Need inspiration about #science, #GlobalEd, and #GlobalCollaboration? 🙌 Join @DenisecWright's #ISTEGlobalPLN #April #w… 1 month ago