Report on Day One
Where: Beautiful Moolooba, Sunshine Coast Queensland
Venue: Sunshine Coast TAFE
Conference Paricipants: drawn from all levels of education
- the location – absolutely beautiful Mooloolaba
- Nancy White with a great keynote address to set the scene
- the keynote speakersmeeting my wonderful twitter and online friends – there are so many here and it is wonderful to meet them face to face. Some I have known for more than two years. They include @clayburell from Singapore, via Korea, (whose wedding I attended virtually nearly two years ago), my wonderful elluminate coach and colleague @cmcculloch, catsnpyjamasnz from NZ, @colwar from my own state and many more. Other online friends present (whom I had met before) included @theother66
- using videoconferencing technology to bring in guest speakers – shows in real time the power of the technology and is purposeful demonstration of the technology.
- range of practitioner led presentations – practical tips, sharing of approaches, learning outcomes etc
- the long drive to get to the airport
- the start of schoolies week in Mooloolaba
- conference was live blogged with tweet feeds etc
- Pirate activity to force people to meet each other, use technology and online sites.
- Liked the time given to the vendors at 15 minute spot sessions as they helped sponsor the session.
- the uncoference session at the end of the day with Nancy White, Clay Burrell and Liddy. I attended Liddy’s impromptu session on using scratch in the classroom
Clay Burell and Colin Warren
demonstrating the use of elluminate in the classroom