Year 7 students and some grade 6 students from Casterton Secondary College, Heywood and District Secondary College and Hawkesdale P12 College will be involved in a six week online music project, Ping,
Ping is the result of collaborative project between the Melbourne Symphony Orchestra, Orchestra Victoria, The Song Room, and Country Education Project. Generous support has been provided by the Helen MacPherson Smith Trust
- Focus – listening, arranging and organizing sounds
- Staff and students involved, will create sound stories
- 5 workshops. MSO (Melbourne Symphony Orchestra) will come in for about 4 of these workshops and discuss their instruments, including physics, history etc
- MSO will record specific requested sounds for student use
- Completed stories will comprise 5 tracks or more, convert to mp3 file, embed in the blog.
A blog has been set up for use by all staff with students and features
- Discussion forum- for both staff and student use for discussions, problem sharing and solving.
Requirements: Audacity beta version 1.3.7
So before we commence students need to
- Write a post
- Learn how to make a comment
Work can be taken home and accessed from home.
· Emails and usernames for all students
· Students rmust register on the blog
· Individual student PC access for elluminate meetings
· Headsets with headphones and microphones or headphones and desktop microphone
Students will also require sufficient download and server space.