Tuesday, 14th October – the first day trialling an informal get together of educationalists – sharing, learning, connecting and communicating.
After a brief introduction, the following discussions took place:-
- blocking of websites in schools
- cyber safety for students (Harriet led a really interesting discussion here.)
- netiquette and appropriate behaviour for online professional development eg ellluminate sessions (possibility of setting up and presenting appropiate guidelines at the beginning of a session)
- appropriate use of and possible options for backchannels or chat
- Jess McCulloch spoke about some of the mobile technology projects that she is trialling whilst in NanJing in China.
- Quick discussion of superpluskids (social networking site for primary students, new stats feature of edublogs and globalstudent blogs, wordle, blog action day and k12 Online Conference
- Upcoming knowledge bank online events
Evaluation of the session and suggested use of breakout sessions to concentrate on learning web2.0 tools completed the event.