When I was recently asked to write an article on safety, one of the questions was whether students felt safe using the web2.0 tools. So, I asked Grade 6 students a question on whether they felt safe blogging. (Students have had a class blog for 8 months and individual blogs for 2 months)
Here are some of their replies:-
- I am very careful, and I make sure I never write anything too personal about me. And instead of using pictures of our selves we use vokis, weemees, and avatars.I feel safe because we are always reminded to not use our last names and we can talk to all our friends and our teachers. Also because our teachers regularly check all of our blogs and leave comments.
- Because we don’t use photos and teachers remind you not to do some stuff.
- Noone has said anything bad about my blog.
- We don’t put our personal details and photos
- Nobody really annoys us and if they do we can delete them.
- I do because we dont write anything to personal about our selfs and we dont use pictures we use vokis weemees and avatars.
- I feel safe as I have not given out heaps of information about where I live.
- I feel safe because I haven’t used any of my information, last name or pictures .
- Because i haven’t given heaps of info about where i live. I use Avatars instead of photos