Tech Talk Tuesdays: Challenge Based Learning
Date/Time: Tuesday March 8th 4-5pm Melbourne Australia time (gmt+11)
What is Challenge Based Learning and why should you use it?
Challenge Based Learning is an approach which has -
- A multiple entry point strategy and varied and multiple possible solutions
- A focus on universal challenges with local solutions
- An authentic connection with multiple disciplines
- An opportunity to develop 21st century skills
- The purposeful use of Web 2.0 tools for organizing, collaborating, and publishing
- The opportunity for students to do something rather than just learn about something
- The documentation of the learning experience from challenge to solution
- 24/7 access to up-to-date technology tools and resources so students can do their work
from Challenge Based Learning: Take action and make a difference [Apple 2009] p.2
Find out how Challenge Based Learning was used with Primary and Middle Years students, by someone who has actually taught it! This session will be presented by Mark Richardson.
About Mark:- Mark Richardson has taught in primary schools for many years. For the past decade he has been ICT Coordinator at Williamstown Primary School, a suburb of Melbourne, Australia. He also has extensive experience planning and delivering professional learning to teachers in ICT / eLearning. His current interests are Web 2.0 technologies in schools, multimedia, using Web Conferencing as a teaching tool, Bloom’s Digital Taxonomy, Moodle / Ultranet, Challenge Based Learning, 1 to 1 Classrooms and anything on a Macintosh.
Mark has an article on CBL which has just been published in Education Technology Solutions #41
Here is thelink to join the session. Please note the room will open at 3:30pm. This session will be recorded
eT@lking: Talking about Blogging
Date/Time: Wednesday March 9th, 8-9pm, Australia time (gmt +11)
Continuing on with our theme on blogging, this session is a general sharing amongst participants where you can ask questions about blogging eg where to begin, how to write posts, tag, add categories, what to write about etc through to questions on advanced blogging, what makes an effective blog, what place does blogging have in eLearning etc? Come along,share your blogs, your questions and join in the conversations.
Here is the link to the session