Let’s get started:-
- Go to global2 and sign up for your own blog. Make sure you are a Victorian teacher in a government or Catholic school. Use your edumail email address.
- Login to your email account, click on the link sent from global2 and activate your blog.
- Change your password and ensure you remember your blog address and password
- Write a short post – holiday/festive greetings, how you hope to use this blog.
- Change the appearance and customize to your own liking.
- Add widgets to your sidebar, including the meta
Following are some resources for those who are interested in starting to blog or extending their blogging.
- Why Blog? 20 reasons why should students blog? (and teachers)
- Blogging is a 21st Century Literacy
- Types of blogs that we use in our school- teacher blogs, individual student blogs, class blogs, our school blog and special purpose blogs
- Victorian government teachers may use the DEECD edublogs campus Global2
- Need to be comfortable with posts, pages, widgets, dashboard, comments etc
Some great resources
- The Edublogs Teacher Challenge Kick Start your Blogging,
- the Global2 Challenge
- The Edublogger
- The edublogs awards nominees and winners of the Edublogs Awards 2011
- The Student Blogging Challenge
- Top widgets for the sidebar of your blog
- Something fun for this time of the year: DIY decorating for any holiday season
- See skippy and chloe for sample student blogs. Note how they have customized them.
What suggestions do you have or what are your favourite resources?