2013 Conference Presentations/Involvement
- Rethink, Reimagine 2013 Deakin University Jan 30th – The World is my Classroom
2012 Conference Presentations/Involvement
- Partnerships for Global Learning Conference - New York – panel member on topic of “The Future of Education”
- ICTEV 2012 Creative Connections: see the ppt presentations The Networked Teacher, Connecting with Learning, Little Big Classrooms or watch the full video recording on the ICTEV youtube channel: Learning in Little Big Classrooms, The Networked Teacher, Connecting with Learning
- VITTA annual conference #vitta12- Reign of the Cloud: The Changing Space of Education, The World is my Classroom
- The Sun Never Sets – Connected Education Around the World with @stevehargadon, @lucygray, @julielindsay, @coolcatteacher, @iEARNUSA and @murcha (me)for Connected Educators Month
- 2012 Learning 2.0 online conference The Changing Space of Education See schedule
- Teachmeet@Plane - July 25th The Value of Personal Networking – 5 min presentation on the World Is my Classroom. Listen to the recording
- Apollo Bay Professional Learning Day The Changing Space of Education, Aug 16th (virtual presentation)
- Victorian Forum member for Australian Curriculum: Economics and Business
- ISTE 2012: ISTE Unplugged Global education summit – Ignite session, Panelist with Steve Hargadon’s “Learning 2.0 How social media is redefining learning and Teaching?” Other panelists included David Warlick and Brian Cosby
- Global Education Conference:- International Advisory Board Group and Advisory Board
- 2012 Learning 2.0
- Teaching and Learning with Vision 2012 Committee Organiser Facebook page The wiki
- Library 2.0 Conference
2011 Conference Presentations/Involvement
- Keynote presenter Flat Classroom Project 3-11 Big Little Classrooms
- Team Captains presenter for K12 Online Conference The World is my Classroom
- Co-hort leader at Learning 2.011 Asia conference, Shanghai Sept 2011 See wiki c0-developed with Jabiz engsslearning2
- Featured Teacher, Classroom 2.0 LIVE Jan 15th
- Top 10 Web 2.0 Tools for 2011 Online Professional Learning, Virtual Conference Centre, DEECD Feb 3rd
- Queensland Independent Schools Learning Adventures with Webinars
- Innovations Showcase 2011 Big Little Classrooms Find the transcript, podcast and presentation at Innovations Showcase
- ICTEV conference 2011: In Touch – Three sessions – Videoconferencing on a Shoe String, eLearning in the Virtual Classroom, Learning is Now: Powerful 21st Century Classrooms
- Global Education conference Melbourne 2011 GTA as a virtual presenter together with my students online in elluminate. This session also involved Megan Bourke and Di Boase (GEP),and Ian Narracott.Topic:- Using technology in professional learning to reach remote and rural teachers.
- Global Education Conference Cultural eLearning Adventures Link to the recording.
- Presentation to NSSCF 21steps to a 1:1 program on the experiences from the prospective of a teacher on our school’s experiences. Horsham and Colac Here is a link to the recording for Colac session.
- The Age The Education Show Effective use of technology in the 21st century!
- Virtual presenter at VITTA annual conference Effective Learning the Virtual Classroom and Top 10 Web 2.0 Tools.
- Virtual co-presenter at SPERA (Society for the Provision of Rural Education in Australia) Globalisation and Sustainability
- !DEA11 Melbourne, Australia
- Comview, 2011
- Quantam online session: A Global 21st Century Classroom
- Inacol Annual Conference Pre- conference Workshop
- TeachMeet Plane- 6 minute presentation on the World is my Classroom for their monthly theme of the Value of Personal Learning Networks
- author of the advanced tasks for the 30 days to Kick Start your Blog Challenge for edublogs
- Member of the organising committee for the Teaching and Learning with Vision Conference, Nov 2-4th, 2011 and 2012, Nov 7-9 Planning
- Cohort team member for Learning 2012, Beijing, China
Featured on Media
- Russian TV for videoconference skype linkup with a Russian Military school
- The Ipoh news
2010 Conference Presentations/Involvement
- VCTA Comview: Web2.0 Tools in Accounting and murcha.Global Civics and Citizenship Goes Global
- VITTA conference:- Connect Your Classroom to the Globe and What does a 21st Century Classroom Look Like?
- Global Education Conference 2010:- Chatting About Global Projects, Teaching and Learning Across the Globe, Global Education is not an Option, Flat Classroom Projects Student Summit with BISS and Julie Lindsay, Classroom2.0 LIVE meets the Australia Series
- Alliance for Education International Conference – presentation: murcha. Connect Your Classroom to the Globe
- Innovations Workshops at Torquay for Barwon SW Region
- Flat Classroom Workshop, (mini conference) Mumbai, Inda
- ACEC2010 Conference – A 21st Century Classroom and Connect Your Classroom to the Globe
- 2010 Innovations Showcase - Windows to Learning Session 4F
- International Educational Alliance Melbourne July 9th
- History Teachers Association Victoria (HTAV) annual conference, Moorabbin, Victoria Thursday, July 22nd See conference presentation and useful web2.0 tools on this blog post.
Attended the following
- Knowlegebank online session on Thursday July 23rd 2009 in conjunction with Jenny Ashby for Knowledge Bank. View Recording
- Elluminate training session with distance education centre on September 4th 2009.
Three of my students and I, will be attending the flatclassrom conference in Qatar. The conference runs from Jan 23rd -Jan 26th.
See details on
- the wiki
- the ning
- the ideanation wiki
- Innovations Showcase
- Partners in Regional Innovative Teachers Conference - Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Online conferences with Knowledge Bank
- iNet series 4 on the topic ‘The Power of Networking’ for a week commencing Monday 23 June
- iNet series 5 on the topic of ‘Learning spaces for 3-19 year olds’ Oct and Nov 2008