At 9am Friday 31st October, the inaugual #skype2learn twitter chat will take place in Melbourne, Australia (gmt+11) time. This will be 6pm Eastern Standard or 3pm Pacific, USA on Thursday October 30th. See timeanddate for your day and time.
It takes place on the last day of the official Connected Educator Month and the theme will be “Connected Classrooms with Skype”. The hashtag will be #skype2learn. Skype has been a long term favourite of mine as it is free, user friendly and people across the globe are able to use it readily. The twitter chat will use some of the following questions over the hour of dedicated conversations:-
- Please introduce yourself, where you are from and what your interest is in education
- Why do you use skype for connecting?
- How have you used skype for learning?
- Share your favourite stories and learning outcomes
- Where do you find connections?
- What tips do you have for those who are new to using skype?
If this is your first experience with pariticpating in a twitter chat, see How to participate in a twitter chat
What other questions could we explore with each other. Please join us and learn of the power of videoconferencing and skype in the classroom.