This was a presentation given at a recent Perfecting the Blend conference in Melbourne, Victoria that shares the use of virtual conferencing and virtual classrooms on a local and global basis. Our Education Department has provided Polycom Videoconferencing equipment, a license for Blackboard Collaborate and MS Lync. Skype is a free tool.
G'day! I am a secondary teacher in a small rural prep to year 12 school in Australia. I teach Information Technology and Accounting and am passionate about learning, immersing technology in the classroom, rural education and global education.
Proud to be…
From the Past
- #Readaloud day w @jasmineshannon0 students & yr 9/10 students -engaging activity w lots learnt #skypeclassroom http://t.co/CPHYoghPQO 4 days ago
- Organising yr9/10 ICT student groups for global #ReadAloud Day using #skype w @jasmineshannon0 students. #ozteachers #vicpln #kidslit 6 days ago
- Students having fun in ICT - inserting circle, saving as jpg, uploading to pizap.com then making it into funny face! 6 days ago
- Participants urgently required 4 Sun Smart Real Stories webinar w two young melanoma survivors #vipln #ozteachers guidetoinnovation.ning.com/events/sunsmar… 6 days ago
- @ACEC2014 Making the most of 5 hours writing time left to get my #acec2014 abstract in acec2014.acce.edu.au/call-for-papers #edtechsa #edutweetoz #vicpln 1 week ago
Flags of a the world