This was a presentation given at a recent Perfecting the Blend conference in Melbourne, Victoria that shares the use of virtual conferencing and virtual classrooms on a local and global basis. Our Education Department has provided Polycom Videoconferencing equipment, a license for Blackboard Collaborate and MS Lync. Skype is a free tool.
G'day! I am a secondary teacher in a small rural prep to year 12 school in Australia. I teach Information Technology and Accounting and am passionate about learning, immersing technology in the classroom, rural education and global education.
Proud to be…
From the Past
- @MVTeachers The backchannel chat was great with students/tchrs/classes in Meet the Scientists! Fascinating conversations. #edvc #natsciwk 8 hours ago
- #polycom "Meet the Scientists" - learning of interesting science careers w @mvteachers #natsciwk via #polycom #edvc http://t.co/1kJiyd3eGT 8 hours ago
- Fascinating presentations by Scientists-Science week direct fr #melbourne_museum Fab virtual linkup via #polycom #natsciwk @MVTeachers #edvc 8 hours ago
- @hbailie #polycom #blackboardcollaborate #skype all have huge potential for schools to connect beyond wall Video is so clear on #polycom 9 hours ago
- @hbailie Hi Heather, didnt know it was you.So pleased to Meet the Scientists today virtually fr our remote rural school using #polycom #edvc 10 hours ago
Flags of a the world