This was a presentation given at a recent Perfecting the Blend conference in Melbourne, Victoria that shares the use of virtual conferencing and virtual classrooms on a local and global basis. Our Education Department has provided Polycom Videoconferencing equipment, a license for Blackboard Collaborate and MS Lync. Skype is a free tool.
G'day! I am a secondary teacher in a small rural prep to year 12 school in Australia. I teach Information Technology and Accounting and am passionate about learning, immersing technology in the classroom, rural education and global education.
Proud to be…
From the Past
- Yr2/3 gave 'thumbs up' to NRL players videoconferencing on Healthy Eating via #polycom @see_shape_share @chetty #edvc http://t.co/ReQXlHgR8A 2 weeks ago
- Join Tech Talk Tue in 20 mins 4 discussion: Networked Educator-spaces needed/best networking sites etc #edvc #vicpln ca-sas.bbcollab.com/m.jnlp?sid=200… 2 weeks ago
- Snr ICT students from KL, Malaysia shared presentations on their learning to my 9/10 ICT class w #blackboardcollaborate #globaled14 #edvc 2 weeks ago
- Year 9/10 ICT students are creating ringtones for their mobile phones using audacity. Also uploading to their blogs ina playable format 2 weeks ago
- @mgraffin When Technology makes the Impossible, Possible now at …eglobalclassroomproject.wordpress.com/2014/03/31/whe… #globalclassroom #globaled13 2 weeks ago
Flags of a the world