G'day! I am a secondary teacher in a small rural prep to year 12 school in Australia. I teach Information Technology and Accounting and am passionate about learning, immersing technology in the classroom, rural education and global education.
Proud to be…
From the Past
- In 23 hrs inaugural #skype2learn twitter chat commences. Pls join us #skypeMT #ce14 #ceoz14 #cenz14 @skypeclassroom scribd.com/doc/244543616/… 19 hours ago
- Pls join @brittgow presenting on Tweets & Skypes in 30m #ce14 #ceoz14 #cenz14 #vipln #ozteachers sas.elluminate.com/site/external/… 1 day ago
- After 13 years of school, our #VCE students start their final exams today with English first up #vicpln http://t.co/Ws69vpMVM3 1 day ago
- @brittgow presentsTweets and Skypes-building powerful learning network on eTalking tonight in 11hrs #ceoz14 #cenz australiaseries.wordpress.com/2014/10/22/etl… 1 day ago
- Join TechTalkTue & @BecSpink Transforming Classrooms w Connected & Social Learning in 15mins #ceoz14 #cenz14 #vicpln au-sas.bbcollab.com/site/external/… 2 days ago
Flags of a the world
eT@lking: Digital Humanitarianism
When: Wednesday 13th March at 8pm Melbourne Australia time See timeanddate for your day and timezone
About this session: What does Digital Humanitarianism really mean? And how can it help a community that has lost houses, businesses and a school that was over 100 years old. Megan Iemma was involved in helping re-build Dunalley Primary School in Tasmania via Facebook: Tassie Fires We Can Help page and via connections on Twitter.
A google doc was formed, and most of it was co-ordinated online. The great thing about this is how it helped the Tasmanian Department of Education access a document that was well set up and ready to go. Crowdsourcing and getting help where needed via online contacts was absolutely vital. Tune in to hear the rest of the story……..
About our presenter: Megan Iemma (@megsamanda) describes herself as an online, mobile and Social Media Strategist who is passionate about adult learning and technology.
Please join us and share in the conversations. Here is the link to the recording of this session.