G'day! I am a secondary teacher in a small rural prep to year 12 school in Australia. I teach Information Technology and Accounting and am passionate about learning, immersing technology in the classroom, rural education and global education.
Proud to be…
From the Past
- In online PD session with Ian Narracott on favourite iPad apps in #polycom & 9 other schools #edvc http://t.co/Qe2onjdsIX 19 hours ago
- Starting and sustaining a blog for global understanding #flatconnect #ebshare #globaled #globalclassroom murcha.wordpress.com/2014/07/24/sta… 1 day ago
- RT @edutopia: MT @CommonSense: 15 Sites & Apps Kids Are Heading To Beyond Facebook: edut.to/1lGOIsX #vicpln @acmadotgov #ozteachers 1 day ago
- Well done and hearty congrats to @anthsperanza educator of yr & @mrpbps Vic leader of yr for #dltv2014 3 days ago
- @tasteach @edublogs @adriancamm We edit videos off line Sue. But would any of these be useful webhostingreviewboards.com/development/to… #primschchat 4 days ago
Flags of a the world
eT@lking: Digital Humanitarianism
When: Wednesday 13th March at 8pm Melbourne Australia time See timeanddate for your day and timezone
About this session: What does Digital Humanitarianism really mean? And how can it help a community that has lost houses, businesses and a school that was over 100 years old. Megan Iemma was involved in helping re-build Dunalley Primary School in Tasmania via Facebook: Tassie Fires We Can Help page and via connections on Twitter.
A google doc was formed, and most of it was co-ordinated online. The great thing about this is how it helped the Tasmanian Department of Education access a document that was well set up and ready to go. Crowdsourcing and getting help where needed via online contacts was absolutely vital. Tune in to hear the rest of the story……..
About our presenter: Megan Iemma (@megsamanda) describes herself as an online, mobile and Social Media Strategist who is passionate about adult learning and technology.
Please join us and share in the conversations. Here is the link to the recording of this session.