G'day! I am a secondary teacher in a small rural prep to year 12 school in Australia. I teach Information Technology and Accounting and am passionate about learning, immersing technology in the classroom, rural education and global education.
Proud to be…
From the Past
- RT @msoskil: Today's breakfast here in Pennsylvania, USA: pumpkin scone and cup of coffee. #skype2learn #breakfastaroundtheworld http://t.c… 4 hours ago
- RT @sebastianpanaka: #skype2learn #breakfastaroundworld Puttu (roasted rice flour, grated coconut,salt+water) steamed & banana http://t.co/… 1 day ago
- RT @kcalderw: Microsoft adding Skype chat to Office Online web apps #skype2learn #edtech #njed goo.gl/OzhUc4 1 day ago
- RT @IbuPalupi: #skype2learn #breakfastaroundworld @SkypeClassroom - breakfast pkl,Indonesia megono tempe salt egg n rice http://t.co/6MVjmf… 1 day ago
- Simple global project from #skype2learn chat = #breakfastaroundworld Plse share your country, brekkie photo Read more murcha.wordpress.com/2014/11/24/bre… 1 day ago
Flags of a the world
eT@lking: Digital Humanitarianism
When: Wednesday 13th March at 8pm Melbourne Australia time See timeanddate for your day and timezone
About this session: What does Digital Humanitarianism really mean? And how can it help a community that has lost houses, businesses and a school that was over 100 years old. Megan Iemma was involved in helping re-build Dunalley Primary School in Tasmania via Facebook: Tassie Fires We Can Help page and via connections on Twitter.
A google doc was formed, and most of it was co-ordinated online. The great thing about this is how it helped the Tasmanian Department of Education access a document that was well set up and ready to go. Crowdsourcing and getting help where needed via online contacts was absolutely vital. Tune in to hear the rest of the story……..
About our presenter: Megan Iemma (@megsamanda) describes herself as an online, mobile and Social Media Strategist who is passionate about adult learning and technology.
Please join us and share in the conversations. Here is the link to the recording of this session.