G'day! I am a secondary teacher in a small rural prep to year 12 school in Australia. I teach Information Technology and Accounting and am passionate about learning, immersing technology in the classroom, rural education and global education.
Proud to be…
From the Past
- Just back fr 6am Dawn Service for #ANZAC day. Followed by community cuppa, sausage in bread and traditional anzac biscuirs baked by scouts 3 hours ago
- Another tradition for #anzac day - several classes baked #anazc biscuits today. The smells wafted through the school! http://t.co/FDsU1kjBRm 20 hours ago
- Students laid flowers on steps (draped with Australian flag) in memory of soldiers for school #anzac ceremony http://t.co/qRypMp35SR 20 hours ago
- Anzac Day service at school about to commence. Students prep to year 12 will participate. 21 hours ago
- At one of most exciting stages of #flatconnect projects - students receiving outsourced video requests fr across the globe! @julielindsay 21 hours ago
Flags of a the world
eT@lking: Digital Humanitarianism
When: Wednesday 13th March at 8pm Melbourne Australia time See timeanddate for your day and timezone
About this session: What does Digital Humanitarianism really mean? And how can it help a community that has lost houses, businesses and a school that was over 100 years old. Megan Iemma was involved in helping re-build Dunalley Primary School in Tasmania via Facebook: Tassie Fires We Can Help page and via connections on Twitter.
A google doc was formed, and most of it was co-ordinated online. The great thing about this is how it helped the Tasmanian Department of Education access a document that was well set up and ready to go. Crowdsourcing and getting help where needed via online contacts was absolutely vital. Tune in to hear the rest of the story……..
About our presenter: Megan Iemma (@megsamanda) describes herself as an online, mobile and Social Media Strategist who is passionate about adult learning and technology.
Please join us and share in the conversations. Here is the link to the recording of this session.