Many homes in Australia have Christmas or Advent calendars in their home. Each day of December,through to Christmas, children open the appropriate door for that date, and find either a chocolate or a Christmas image. Do you have one in your home?
Students in years 4 to 7 are going to make a digital calendar using MS Powerpoint. It is a simple enough process for all age groups and yet can be customized to suit the young and old. The students will follow these instructions using the image below as a guideline. Each date will open using a chosen custom animation feature of Powerpoint.
- Goto MS Powerpoint
- Insert a table> 5 rows by 5 columns, add a clipart( representing Christmas) to each cell.
- There should be 25 Chrismas pics in total, with a very special Christmas pic in the last one
- Cover each cell with a shape
- Add numbers to each cell from 1 to
- Use custom animation to remove the shapes one at a time.
- Grab a screen dump, crop in MS Paint, save as a jpg and insert the image into your blog post, with a brief explanation on how you made your colourful calendar.