The oz- teachers mailing list has a current discussion thread on the top ICT tools used in education. First, as I am a great fan of eLearning here is a list of my current top 10 web 2.0 tools. Please note that they are not in any particular ranking order.
- Wordle - word cloud creator used for effective images, summaries, introductions to key concepts, reflections etc.
- Blogs - teacher blog, class blog, student blogs
- Skype – videoconferencing, teaching virtual students using video, chat, screen sharing, sending files etc
- Wikis – I like wikispaces Senior students develop their digital portfolios on a wiki, used for global projects etc
- wallwisher – sticky notes on a wall, collaborative, user friendly, students do not require a logon, just the link Used for brainstorming, reflections, collaboration, introductions etc
- Voicethread - online podcasting, collaborative, userfriendly, enables images, editing at any time etc
- Google applications – document, sheet, sites, maps etc
- Bubbl.us – simplistic mind mapping, collaborative, user friendly
- Dropbox – storage in the clouds, easy sharing
- Elluminate – web conferencing Powerful tool for Professional Development and Classroom use with students
What are your favourite online tools? What would you change or what would you add?