At a recent online session for web conference leaders someone asked what to do “should everything go amiss!” Response: “The show must go on!”
Well…. I had a night like that tonight. Logging onto the room for our second of three series for TechnoParents and connecting staff and parents together, I was utterly dismayed to realise that I had forgotten to book the room through the online conference centre! Initially we were going to start two weeks earlier but due to a busy calendar delayed the commencement of the online sessions.
After some quick thinking, I quickly booked a room through learncentral, grabbed the link and quickly changed the link on the two blog posts where parents and students would go, to get access to the session. This was 30 mins before we were to start. As the starting time approached, a number of staff logged on, some new to the elluminate environment. It was starting time, and we still just had staff until a parent appeared in the participants list and then several more. The session commenced and followed the following agenda:-
1. Quick tour around the features of elluminate
2. An icebreaker. Participants were asked what ingredients they do not like on their pizza from the following options:- pineapple, olives, salami, cheese. Participants then had to make up three pizzas that all of us would eat.
3. Sharing stories – what I do in my spare time! Thanks to Marg M for sharing their bird raising (Macaws) stories with us.
4. The Ultranet – with our Principal, Mr Colan Distel
5. Sustainability projects in our school with Britt Gow
6. Link up with American School of Bombay , Mumbai, India and our years 5/6 student volunteers at lunchtime, to discuss racism and Australia going to India to play sport with me, Anne M
7. Whiteboard brainstorming – where can we go with these online sessions with fantastic input and great ideas from both parents and staff?
Next week we have our year 7 and prep transition information evening. Should we invite interested prospective parents to come online with us for next week’s session?
G'day! I am a secondary teacher in a small rural prep to year 12 school in Australia. I teach Information Technology and Accounting and am passionate about learning, immersing technology in the classroom, rural education and global education.
Proud to be…
From the Past
- Love some help constructing a Suite of Tools for Local/Global Connections session 4 #ictev13 conference Pls add to bit.ly/13Gqkhn 6 hours ago
- Amazing yr 8 ICT class w @mudpie446 fr Japan help solve problems in Scratch w #skypeclassroom #globaled #globalclass http://t.co/OqAvymujhT 22 hours ago
- Join me 4 Playing in Sandpit -TechTalkTue- learn w & fr each other. Bring new tools to share etc bit.ly/10KPa1Y #ozseries in 15 mins 1 day ago
- RT @ICTEvangelist: NEW: How to embed QR codes in to pictures buff.ly/15YSQBX #adedu #QR #edtech 1 day ago
- @julielindsay Which other conferences would u recommend w blended learning approach for @brittgow 1 day ago